Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

There's Always a Way Out



I finished this mixed media canvas last night and posted it on Etsy this morning. It's such a great feeling to finish a piece and know that this is how it was supposed to turn out.


While I'm working I sometimes despair that I will ever reach that point. It's sometimes hard not to just give up or to act like a
two year old and have a nice satisfying tantrum!


This painting started out as something entirely different and as I was obliterating the original sunny little scene, I started building a new story. Just as I was wondering how to finish the piece to clarify the message, my husband returned from the garbage dump with a pile of treasures from the recycle shed. Among those treasures was an old romance novel with these words on the back cover, "She was imprisoned by a torturous love." Oh, how I love the dump!


No traditional message of love in this piece but it is about love - self love - and having the courage to make difficult choices.

2 comments:

  1. It just goes to show that sometimes you get a beautiful result despite having problems. Your husband is tremendously helpful...I'll have to see if I can get mine to look out for things for me! (Might not be easy!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.