Sharing my passion for handcrafted jewelry, paper making, and living a creative life.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Encaustic Day 3, still having fun...

...but I have to admit, I'm a wee bit frustrated, too.  The learning curve is climbing.  I would sure love a workshop right about now!

The first thing I did was 'fix' my Dream piece from yesterday.  I could see that the balance wasn't right as soon as I posted it so here are the before and after.



















This next piece is a mixed media collage.  It's not the piece I started out doing.  The gummy heap of wax from that effort is set aside for another day.  For this one  I used music, end paper from an old book, pressed flowers, handmade papers and a tjap impressed into the wax.  I coloured the incised lines with oil stick and wiped away the excess.  Clear encaustic medium was used on each  layer.


I can already see some changes I'd like to make but not today and maybe not at all.  We'll see.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I love,love, love it! Great job...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful, LizAnna! I love the ACEO you made that I got in our swap. Thanks for sharing your journey into encaustics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Liz Ann. I am not into encaustics yet, but you are tempting me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a tease! I don't need to try anything else, Liz! But these are so gorgeous! Between you and G, I'm feeling my resolve weakening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It means a lot to me.